Re: [OS-JIRA] Updated: (CAY-160) Improved handling of database reconnects

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Sun Jul 18 2004 - 21:32:42 EDT

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    > I started testing the original patch, and noticed a problem with it.
    Closing pooled connection, and then reusing it is not a good idea.

    > But most importantly I found why and how the original pool was leaking
    connections, leading to "Can't obtain connection. Request timed out..."
    errors downstream. I fixed both problems (see attached patch). This code
    will be in CVS and should make it to the next release.

    Excellent!

    That's great news.

    -Mike