Topic Maps: Backend Plugin for TM4J

From: Andriy Shapochka (ashapochk..otmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 31 2004 - 17:50:55 EDT

    In the wake of our prior discussion concerning ideas for Cayenne-based
    plugins I would like to put one on this list. Basically it is conveyed by
    the message subject. The guys at http://www.tm4j.org have developed
    apparently the most popular and advanced Java OS framework to deal with
    those cool, extremely fresh, Semantic Web relevant Topic Maps, see more:
    XTM, TMAPI standard: http://topicmaps.org
    practical XTM intro: http://www.techquila.com/practical_intro.html
    famous intro and philosophy:
    http://www.ontopia.net/topicmaps/materials/tao.html

    TM4J can currently work with Hibernate, Ozone, or in-memory. Yet the
    framework is designed so that a custom backend support plugin could be
    developed and used. Cayenne being comparable with Hibernate, there should
    not arise principal difficulties in the implementation. Hence the
    opportunity to put a foot onto the prospective, cutting edge tech ground.

    Anyway, something of interest to think about and do some research.

    Andriy.