[ANN] Cayenne RC1 Release

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun Oct 03 2004 - 22:03:09 EDT

    http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/

    1.1 Release Candidate is available for download. This release features
    major improvements to CayenneModeler - new preferences subsystem, local
    DataSources, better database reverse and forward engineering support.
    Also it fixes a number of bugs.

    There is lots of Modeler improvements in RC1, but I urge everyone to
    check out "Tools -> Preferences" - I am sure you will love "Local
    DataSource" feature. This is so cool and saves me personally an
    incredible amount of time:

    - you can associate a DataNode in a project with an arbitrary DB
    connection configured on your machine without affecting DataNode XML
    file ("preferred" connection is stored in local preferences).
    - multiple developers can work on the same project, logging in to DB
    with their own password.
    - JNDI and custom DataNodes are now first class citizens - you can use
    them for DB operations in the Modeler
    - New JDBC DataNodes can be configured in <1 sec. by synchronizing DB
    login data with a local DataSource with a single button click.
    - reverse/forward engineering is no longer an exercise in typing.

    Enjoy, and please report any Modeler bugs that you find.

    Andrus