Re: subclass of CayenneRuntimeException for => PersistenceState.TRANSIENT under 1.1RC1

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Oct 18 2004 - 22:33:21 EDT

    On Oct 18, 2004, at 10:03 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

    > I'm not opposed to an exception being thrown (in fact, I think it's a
    > good
    > idea), but can we make the exception thrown a subclass of
    > CayenneRuntimeException so it can be easily detected apart from general
    > database errors? The thought of having to parse the exception message
    > text
    > to determine this does not appeal to me.

    I agree... Some sort of "FaultFailureException extends
    CayenneRuntimeException" (better name?) should be more appropriate.
    Besides in a subclass we can stick an ObjectId as one of the ivars.
    Though unfortunately we will have to postpone this till after 1.1, as
    we are in a deep and final freeze now... In fact I am planning to
    switch 1.1 to the CVS STABLE branch around this weekend when RC2 should
    be out. This should open HEAD for 1.2 additions.

    Andrus