Re: Proposal - commiter status for Mike Kienenberger [Was: Running Modeler from Eclipse]

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Oct 20 2004 - 19:40:50 EDT

    >> Besides we have past releases
    >> tagged, so if you want to stay with a stable version of code you will
    >> always have this opportunity. On checkout simply copy
    >> contrib/ide/eclipse/* to the project root and you'll get things
    >> running
    >> in no time.
    >
    > Yeah, I'm not sure I copied the "contrib/ide/eclipse/*" files the last
    > time
    > I pulled in 1.1RC1.
    > However, I've just been adding the contents of otherlib/ to the build
    > path
    > and it seems to work fine. I just looked and everything in
    > lib/modeler is
    > in the otherlib/

    Quick check of my Eclipse setup shows that in addition to the normal
    source folders I have "src/cayenne/resources" and
    "src/modeler/resources" setup as the project source
    ("src/modeler/resources" is probably the folder you are missing). Like
    I said "contrib/ide/eclipse/.classpath" is a good reference point - it
    lists all the "unexpected" locations.

    > I'm still using Eclipse 2.1.3 -- anyone upgraded to Eclipse 3 and have
    > any
    > comments on it?

    I am on 3.0 since around May - it is incomparably more advanced, e.g.
    it doesn't lock the IDE and performs various time consuming tasks on
    the background - real multitasking in action. Also this was the first
    version for me to try CVS features, and there is no going back to
    command line...

    Andrus