caching of flattened objects

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Sat Dec 04 2004 - 12:00:05 EST

    Hello.

    I am thinking about CAY-15, but I am not able to see an easy solution.
    http://objectstyle.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=CAY-15

    Perhaps (shared-)caching of flattened objects should be implemented
    before prefetch of flattened many-to-many. Agree? I think this would
    help a lot for long running applications and it would be a nice start
    for the complete CAY-15 fix.

    Should this cache be implemented in the ObjectStore or/and the
    DataRowStore? The DataRowStore store rows by objectId, but the cache of
    the flattened objects should probably be a Collection of rows for a
    key. Anyone?

    Regards,
      - Tore.