Re: XML coding questions

From: Kevin J. Menard, Jr. (nirvdru..egativetwenty.net)
Date: Sun Dec 05 2004 - 09:52:20 EST

    Hi wojingo,

    On 12/5/04 6:54 AM, "wojingo" <wojing..astmail.com.au> wrote:

    > final XMLDecoder decoder = XMLDecoder.decoder();
    > Test t = (Test)decoder.decodeRootObject("input.xml");
    >
    > Or have I misunderstood what you meant?

    I'm talking about this snippet from the decoder docs:

     Else, the object's class has to adhere to a protocol that allows the
    contruction of the object from the XML data:

        * the class needs to have a constructor that takes an XMLDecoder as its
    sole argument.
        * the constructor should consist of a series of decode...ForKey method
    invocations that restore each of your object's instance variables. These
    decode...ForKey are found in XMLDecoder.

    How would your code take advantage of the above items?

    --
    Kevin