Peristence by reachability

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Dec 10 2004 - 14:09:59 EST

    > > Actually some time back we discussed with Eric Schneider whether
    > "context-less" relationships and properties support would make sense
    > (and
    > > also related feature of persistence by reachability - adding
    > transient objects to a DataContext of persisten object when a
    > relationship is established)... Maybe this is a good time to
    > implement it? We could
    > start
    > > with a JIRA issue I guess, as introduction of such feature affects
    > general
    > > design...
    >
    > Do you know whenabouts this took place so I can look at the mailing
    > list archive?

    Actually this was done offline, so there is no record. The idea is that
    you should be able to connect a bunch of transient objects via
    relationships without a DataContext (and why not, right?).

    Also if at least one object in such connected graph happens to be
    registered with a DataContext (or registered later at some point), all its
    related objects will automatically be added to the same context
    (persistence by reachability).

    Andrus