Re: CVS notifications are down

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Sun Jun 12 2005 - 23:40:54 EDT

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    > CVS notifications on SourceForge are down:
    >
    > http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
    > func=detail&aid=1218787&group_id=1&atid=200001
    >
    > Until they fix it, we'll commit code quietly :-)

    Is there a pressing need to use the SF CVS servers? I understand it's
    convenient, but I think the overhead of running a local SCM would be
    rather low. It just seems that SF always has problems with one thing or
    another, and it gets rather annoying.

    FWIW, I never had email commits working with CVS on anything but a
    Debian server I used to run. Since I've moved to Subversion I've yet to
    have a problem with a commit email (Subversion's hooks are rather nice).

    I don't want to start an SCM war, but it may be something to consider...

    --
    Kevin