Re: NetBeans/Matisse Demo

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2006 - 12:24:37 EDT

    I am still to play with Matisse, but while we are on the Modeler
    topic, yesterday I tried this little plugin engine:

    http://platonos.sourceforge.net/

    Looks very promising - in just under an hour I created a generic
    Swing shell application that can run arbitrary plugins. The authors
    claim that they followed Eclipse plugin system design, but the
    platonos library size is just 64k (compare that to Eclipse!). I still
    need to get more experience with it, but I think we may switch
    CayenneModeler 2.0 to Platonos.

    [In fact I wrote a similar plugin runtime myself for a customer a few
    months ago, but (aside from not being open source) it didn't support
    extension points and hence was fairly inflexible.]

    Andrus