Re: Mailing lists

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2006 - 02:38:00 EDT

    On Apr 11, 2006, at 2:35 AM, Jean T. Anderson wrote:

    > Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    >> The biggest issue so far is the moderation. Our old list simply
    >> bounced
    >> posts from addresses that are not subscribed, and it worked
    >> extremely
    >> well. Current setup sends those emails to me and Bill for moderation
    >> (approval or rejection). Of course all of those messages are spam. I
    >> received 96 moderation spams since March 28. So the moderation
    >> has to
    >> be replaced with bounces.
    >
    > You don't have to respond at all to reject a post -- just ignore those
    > moderation requests (I delete them). After a week they'll time out and
    > automatically be rejected.
    >
    > Just respond to the ones you want approved. That saves time.
    >
    > -jean

    Hi Jean,

    Thanks for the links on infra participation in your other message.

    I know that I don't have to reply to moderation messages... But the
    same thing is often said about spam in general - "just hit delete" -
    a solution I personally can't live with. Besides moderation spam is
    worse than general spam, as I have to inspect all moderation messages
    (moderation is enabled, I am a moderator, so I can't ignore my
    duties :-)).

    At the same time changing moderation to bouncing solves the problem
    once and for all.

    Andrus