Re: [OS-JIRA] Resolved: (CAY-503) Uniquing broken

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..mail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2006 - 10:15:48 EDT

    On 4/13/06, Andrus Adamchik (JIRA) <jira-norepl..bjectstyle.org> wrote:
    > Mike, I fixed it by reimplementing equals and hashCode of ObjectId to "normalize" numeric values, so that all Number subclasses could be compared based on the numeric value, excluding the actual class from the picture.

    Hey Andrus. That fixes this symptom of the problem, but it seems to
    me that the root underlying issue is still going to be around.
    Comparisons of primary key attributes will fail when used in other
    contexts due to differing types depending on whether the record was
    created or fetched from the database.