Re: [OS-JIRA] Resolved: (CAY-503) Uniquing broken

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2006 - 11:56:15 EDT

    On Apr 13, 2006, at 7:27 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

    > I'm certainly no expert, but I would think the place to "normalize"
    > the value is in the place where the pk value is pulled from the
    > database and the place where the pk value is generated. To what it
    > should be normalized is a harder question. Maybe this is
    > adaptor-dependent? Heck, maybe the whole problem is adaptor
    > dependent.

    I think it should be normalized to a default (per JDBC spec) Java
    class derived from JDBC type of the PK DbAttribute. There is a more
    general issue with DataRow types [1]. As you see this can open a big
    can of worms. I will log a Jira task to get back to it after 1.2.

    BTW, I wonder if my current fix also addressed [2]? It was truly
    universal :-)

    Andrus

    [1] http://objectstyle.org/jira/browse/CAY-399
    [2] http://objectstyle.org/jira/browse/CAY-191