Re: REMINDER: *** Board Reports DUE! ***

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..mail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2006 - 19:09:22 EDT

    On 4/13/06, Jean T. Anderson <jt..ristowhill.com> wrote:
    > Mike Kienenberger wrote:
    > > Do we want to mention our planned timing for the SVN conversion?
    >
    > what is that timing?

    I'm not really sure. Bill or Andrus probably have a better idea.

    > > Or that we've started looking at code licensing issues?
    > > http://objectstyle.org/jira/browse/CAY-493
    >
    > We do need to tackle ip-clearance as mentioned in
    > http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance , but we haven't jumped into
    > that yet -- or maybe it has been mentioned already on cayenne-dev? And
    > it's good to acknowledge that lgpl issue that will need to be resolved.

    Yes, we've briefly discussed it on cayenne-dev. I think that it's
    worth mentioning on our report.

    > > What about the impending release of Cayenne 1.2? (I'm thinking
    > > probably not on this one since it's happening outside of apache
    > > control currently).
    >
    > It might be good to mention Cayenne 1.2 is being released outside
    > Apache, and that the dev list is discussing what to do next to bring it
    > into Apache.

    Sounds good. I think we're far enough along on the "what to do next"
    part (that being, do another major version release immediately after
    repackaging to indicate the break in backwards compatibility) that we
    could include it on our report.