Re: documentation

From: Cris Daniluk (cris.danilu..mail.com)
Date: Wed May 10 2006 - 16:39:45 EDT

    > TODOs:
    >
    > * Do we have chapter ordering working?

    Actually, yes... though I haven't put it in everywhere. If you check
    the source to the User Documentation page, you'll see an excerpt that
    defines the ordering. It's a bit of a kludge, but Confluence's support
    for this feature is a long way off. Till then, this is working peachy.
    I will work to roll it out to the rest of the pages (it only needs to
    be added to pages that have children)

    > * Link generated pages to the local JavaDocs, not the docs on the site.

    This is something that concerns me. I'm thinking that we should create
    a macro for our javadoc refs. I think:

    {cite}DataContext{cite}

    Which would generate a link to the javadoc location specified somehow.
    How is kind of important, but likewise kind of tricky. I don't think
    there's a good way to attach custom metadata to pages, but maybe we
    can do something similar to the excerpt hack where we place a hidden
    reference to the javadoc location that corresponds to this "version"
    of the docs. Hell, I guess it doesn't need to be a hidden link... we
    could just make it a flat out link on the root of the Doc pages (for
    general user reference). Either way, this will ensure that we generate
    javadoc links to the appropriate version, and allow us a hook to
    override for the local copies.

    > * Should we move the content of "Documentation" folder one level up,
    > so that it is at the same level as JavaDocs and other doc-related
    > stuff in the release bundle? Cris, what do you think?

    The only problem I had with this was that it meant the images, etc
    needed to be at the same level as the javadoc. It's no big deal, but
    kind of funny looking. If nobody else minds, I sure don't.

    Cris