Re: Could Cayenne be used as a near drop in replacement for Enterprise Objects within a WO environment?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri May 12 2006 - 18:00:53 EDT

    On May 12, 2006, at 2:39 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

    > On 5/12/06, Watkins, Garry <gwatkin..otleyrice.com> wrote:
    >> I am using NestedECs a bunch, is Cayenne's nested dataContext
    >> working
    >> yet?
    >
    > I think so, but Andrus would know for sure.

    Yep, nested DataContexts are fully supported.

    >> Does Cayenne have an EOGenericRecord equivalent yet?
    >
    > Yes, but I don't know if it's been seriously tested yet.

    Still it should work ok, as a generic record in Cayenne is just a
    CayenneDataObject, same as used as a common superclass already.

    >> Can I just use a .eomodeld instead of a cayenne.xml?
    >
    > No, but the modeler can read it in and save it back out as
    > cayenne.xml.

    Theoretically you can customize the runtime to load an EOModel
    directly ... although there may be some issues converting inheritance
    and fetch specs, so you' probably want to import the EOModel in the
    Modeler, fix anything that doesn't look right, and then save as a
    Cayenne project.

    Andrus