Re: "Cannot commit changes - channel is not set." after regular DataContext serialization

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..mail.com)
Date: Mon May 22 2006 - 21:05:14 EDT

  • Next message: Mike Kienenberger (JIRA): "[JIRA] Created: (CAY-553) Top-level DataContext fails to attach to default DataDomain transparently on deserialization"

    > If you can reproduce a problem with top-level DC, please log a bug.

    Well, it's a bug then. I don't know if I can simpify it down to a a
    trivial test case, though.

    > Since objects do not retain DC instance on serialization, I don't see
    > how this could happen. Maybe stick a debug statement is
    > 'setObjectContext'?

    Thanks, I'll take a look. I do think it's due to my reconnect code
    in BaseDataObjectImpl.readResolve() and not a bug in cayenne. I'm
    trying to figure out how to conditionally reattach only if the object
    wasn't in my temporary DataContext now.