Re: What next?

From: Yoav Shapira (yoav..pache.org)
Date: Wed May 24 2006 - 15:25:13 EDT

    Hola,

    > > Alternatively I can setup an SVN sandbox on ObjectStyle.org (and I can
    > > manage sandboxes for all other willing SoC apache projects as well) ...
    > > not sure if that's a bad idea from Cayenne incubating perspective (as
    > > we are moving the infrastructure from ObjectStyle to Apache), but it
    > > makes sense from practical standpoint and takes some load from the Infra.
    > >
    > > Any comments on that?
    > >

    > Rather than host something outside Apache, I would rather see students
    > submit patches to Apache Jira issues. --It's good experience for how
    > many Apache projects incorporate contributions.

    +1.

    The projects where I participate do it the way Jean suggests. IMHO
    it's just as important to get new contributors used to the issue
    tracker, to the patch submission process, to the dev mailing list
    discussions, and the rest of the community-driven development
    practices we use, as it is to get a chunk of code out of them.

    Yoav