Re: Removing Log4J

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2006 - 18:59:18 EDT

    Just checked in the code removing Log4J dependency. May need to do
    more cleanup. I'd encourage everybody who can use 3.0 in their
    environment to try it out and report any problems you may find.

    Leftovers (from my CAY-631 comment):

    1. Use Java logging factory for the modeler; figure out how to
    redirect it to the Modeler.log
    2. Document methods that could not be deprecated and were simply
    removed:

        QueryLogger.set/getLoggingLevel
        Configuration.isLoggingConfigured()
        Configuration.configureLogging()
        Configuration.configureCommonLogging()

    3. Any reasonable substitute for cayenne-logging.properties?

    Andrus