Re: Idea for handling splits, possibly with only minor changes to alias table handling

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..mail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 20 2006 - 15:36:08 EDT

    Yeah, I'm trying to see if I can find a short-term solution rather
    than having to reimplement everything all at once.

    I have everything working with the + notation now, except for the
    split and null issues.
    It looks like this will work to handle the split implementation, so
    "+" would mean both split and outer join in my use case. I will
    hopefully know sometime tomorrow :-)

    I think what you proposed is workable, but there's some unanswered
    questions, like how splits would be configured. I suppose it'd have
    to be done manually.

    I also need to convert from Oracle 8 notation to the generic notation.
      (Oracle 8 doesn't allow outer joins with OR), but I think this will
    be pretty trivial compared to what's been done so far.

    If I can get all of this working, then providing the EJB QL-compatible
    sytax down the road shouldn't be too difficult.