Re: Cocoa Cayenne

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2006 - 16:28:06 EDT

    On Aug 21, 2006, at 21:53, Watkins, Garry wrote:

    > Tore, where can I find your code in svn?

    Just checked it in to https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/
    cayenne/sandbox/CocoaCayenne/CAYClient/

    It is a single where I test out stuff, but most of the stuff should
    be refactored out to a framework. A bit more easy to have it as a
    single project for now.

    It depends on the latest HessianObjC *including* my latest patch sent
    to HessianObjC-mail list an hour ago.. Should apear in svn and/or in
    the super slow sourceforge mailing list archive. Anyone remember
    sourceforge? :) It looks like HessianObjC are not very widely used,
    but it is easy to fix bugs and bryan answers mails.

    It will try to connect to http://localhost:8080/cayenne-service that
    are based on the cayenne ROP tutorial with some modifications:
      * Authentication turned off in web.xml. Will have to fix this in
    HessianObjC.
      * Model extended with a query named "objcquery" that return all
    person objects.

    TODO:
      * use CAYPersistentObject as a superclass to all client entity
    objects.
      * try to get ToOne and ToMany faults working.
      * fix licence header stuff.

    Using Core Data sounds very cool. With or without core data we will
    need some common stuff in place. Like a working HessianObjC-framework
    and Cocoa-side implementations of most of the cayenne objects passed
    over the hessian channel. Any news on the Core Data track?

    Regards,
      - Tore.