Cocoa Cayenne status

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Sun Aug 27 2006 - 18:28:03 EDT

    Hello.

    I got faults working now :) See attached screenshot of the tutorial
    client app in Cocoa.

    I have not done anything with the Core Data-side of it yet, but
    bindings are working out of the box. In the example app, there is one
    NSArrayController for Persons and one for Paintings. The paintings-
    controller are autoupdated (using bindings) from the selection-array
    of the persons-controller. Pressing the Query-button will manually
    (in code) set the content array of the persons-controller. Any
    progress on the Core Data side of it Garry?

    There are still some issues with the HessianObjC-framework. I am
    currently using an unaccepted patch for circular refs. It was not
    accepted as Objective-C has issues with circular refs. Will have to
    use Weak refs or something.. This is caused by the fact that DataMap
    has some objects that has refs to the DataMap. In practice, the leak
    are non-existant as we only need a single instance of the
    EntityResolver.

    Done:
      * Faults.
      * Edit/commit simple property. Like changing the artist og painting
    name.

    Todo:
      * Add/delete objects. I hope to get this working using bindings and
    the array-controller as well..
      * Core Data stuff.
      * fix authentication and object refs in HessianObjC.
      * separate existing project into framework and example client.
      * rollback, NSUndoManager etc.
      * +++

      - Tore.