Re: Cocoa Cayenne status

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2006 - 03:34:14 EDT

    On Aug 28, 2006, at 4:05, Watkins, Garry wrote:

    > I ran into the error 500 with Hessian 3.0.20. I finally had to
    > track down a 3.0.13. But I got it going late last night.

    Yes, we should probably fix CAY-636 sooner or later.. It can be a bit
    complicated to get started.

    > Extended
    > NSManagedObjectContext - which should encompass faulting
    > NSPersistentStoreCoordinator
    > NSManagedObjectID

    Will it be possible to have the client side implementation of
    ObjectId subclass NSManagedObjectID or do we need two different
    classes for this?

    > Created my own classes since these aren't exposed by CD
    > ObjectStore
    > TransactionalObjectStore
    > CayenneObjectStore (I am just starting implementing this)
    > WebObjectsObjectStore (Planned for the future)

    Lots of ObjectStores. What are the difference between them? I have
    not done any ObjectStore stuff yet - Multiple object with the same
    ObjectId can exist in the same context now. Must of course be fixed..

    > Hopefully, I will have some time this week and we will get to
    > integrate it
    > all together with the stuff that you have been doing.

    Cool.

    Currently, I am wondering if we need a NSArrayController subclass to
    get the "add:", "insert:" and "remove:" bindings to work. Or perhaps
    create an CAYManagedObjectArray (and/or CAYToManyArray) that
    automatically register new objects in the context and set the correct
    relation.

      - Tore.