Re: Cocoa Cayenne status

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2006 - 08:43:42 EDT

    Hello.

    On Aug 28, 2006, at 14:09, Watkins, Garry wrote:

    > ObjectStore and TransactionalObjectStore are abstract classes.
    > Transactional is there in contrast to Apple's CD stuff mentioned at
    > WWDC
    > which is NDA. Cayennne and WebObjects are the implementations. If
    > you did
    > not know WebObjects has a remote client layer as well.

    Yes, I know about WebObjects and the Java Client. Ok, so the
    ObjectStore is an abstraction of the server system including the
    protocol to talk to the server?

    > However, their protocol is not documented. What are you using to
    > monitor the traffic over
    > port 8080? I am sure that I could use that to watch the WebObjects
    > stuff.

    I use tcpmon from axis. See http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/
    display/CAY/Cocoa+Cayenne

    > Can you check in your latest stuff with the faulting? Maybe I can
    > piece some
    > of this stuff together later today.

    I committed my latest work yesterday. I generally commit stuff when I
    got something new working without breaking something old, so svn
    should be pretty up to date.

    > I already broke you project apart and created a Framework. It was
    > not too
    > difficult. Just create a new Cocoa Framework. Copy all of the
    > files from
    > (CAYClient) to the new Project via drag and drop that should be in the
    > Framework. Then delete the files out of CAYClient. Put a project
    > reference
    > in CAYClient to the new framework. Then finally, copy
    > the ???.framework to
    > the product linking phase. Then you should be golden.

    Thanks, I will create the framework and commit it to the sandbox in a
    couple of days (my next free timeslice).

      - Tore.