Re: Planning graduation...

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..sh.com.au)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2006 - 19:53:53 EDT

    On 06/10/2006, at 7:28 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > Looks like Apache Cayenne is ripe for graduation. I think the
    > original intent to graduate as an Apache Top Level Project (TLP) is
    > still the best thing to do.

    Certainly congratulations are in order for everyone involved to get
    this first release approved, but particularly Andrus for his amazing
    work.

    I have a couple of related questions:

    * Andrus, would you care to give a short progress summary on 3.0? How
    close is JPA to completion? It seems a lot has been done, but I don't
    know others have a sense of what is left.

    * What is the goal for 3.0? Is it done when JPA is finished? Are
    there specific functionality goals or a time deadline goal? It seems
    that many new Jira tasks are landing in 3.0 at the moment, is it the
    aim that they will all be done?

    * Does 3.0 need to be done before Cayenne becomes a full Apache
    project? Are there functionality goals for that process or is it
    purely a paperwork and methodology list of checkboxes?

    Cheers
    Ari Maniatis

    ish
    http://www.ish.com.au
    phone +61 2 9550 5001 fax +61 2 9550 4001