Re: DataView status

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2006 - 10:52:23 EDT

    More on the DataViews...

    * I have no experience using it on a project, so I can't comment on
    the usefulness of this particular implementation, but the idea looks
    good.

    * DV runtime and DVModeler went through Apache IP clearance process
    with the rest of Cayenne, so any new development can and should
    proceed at ASF.

    * If we (cayenne dev community) are to continue the development, as a
    first step I suggest making Cayenne core independent of DV runtime.
    Right now cayenne.xml and Configuration class have direct dependency
    on DV. This is bad IMO - DV is just one of the possible extensions
    and should be treated as an extension. So I guess all DV code needs
    to be extracted in a separate Maven module, and use either a property
    mechanism (CAY-400) or its own descriptor to bootstrap itself.

    Andrus