Re: Cocoa Cayenne Class Generation?

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2006 - 18:19:27 EDT

    On Oct 11, 2006, at 20:19, Michael Gentry wrote:

    > I think there need to be two classes, also. _Artist and Artist. Just
    > like with the regular Cayenne Modeler (and EOGenerator).

    That is fine with me, but my basic idea was to start with key value
    coding and let the user create set and/or get methods if custom logic
    was needed. Looks like this is not working for now, but it should be
    fixed..

    Core Data does it the same way. CD has a NSManagedObject that are
    like our CAYPersistentObject. From the documentation of
    NSManagedObject's setValue:forKey:

    "This method is overridden by NSManagedObject to access the managed
    object’s generic dictionary storage unless the receiver’s class
    explicitly provides key-value coding compliant accessor methods for
    key."

    file:///Developer/ADC%20Reference%20Library/documentation/Cocoa/
    Reference/CoreDataFramework/Classes/NSManagedObject_Class/Reference/
    Reference.html

    So _Artist are ok for me, but not that important as in java.

      - Tore.