Re: Cocoa Cayenne Class Generation?

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2006 - 19:18:52 EDT

    On Oct 12, 2006, at 00:19, Tore Halset wrote:

    > my basic idea was to start with key value coding and let the user
    > create set and/or get methods if custom logic was needed. Looks
    > like this is not working for now, but it should be fixed..

    Fixed. See updated Artist.m for example on how to create custom set/get.

    I have implemented setValue:forUndefinedKey: and
    valueForUndefinedKey: in CAYPersistentObject that are used if a
    specific set/get are not implemented in the entity class. See the
    following document on "Accessor Search Implementation Details":

    http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/
    KeyValueCoding/Concepts/SearchImplementation.html

    I do not know if the Undefined-key stuff are the best way to
    implement this, but it is working. I have posted about this on cocoa-
    dev:

    http://lists.apple.com/archives/Cocoa-dev/2006/Oct/msg00489.html

      - Tore.