Running and debugging integration tests in Eclipse

From: Andrus Adamchik (
Date: Sat Oct 14 2006 - 17:22:17 EDT

  • Next message: Andrus Adamchik (JIRA): "[JIRA] Created: (CAY-692) Extra argument needed in ObjectContext.prepareForAccess - whether the property is a fault or not."

    I ran into a problem recently trying to debug a failing integration
    test in Eclipse - Eclipse would exit without any errors refusing to
    run the test. I wanted to share the solution - as all of these tests
    (under "cayenne/integration-test") require class enhancement, you
    have to configure Cayenne Agent explicitly:

    1. Open the VM arguments dialog: Run > Run ... > select run config >
    Arguments > VM Arguments

    2. Enter the location of Cayenne Agent jar installed in the local
    Maven repo (or anywhere else):