RE: cgen and VPP

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Sat Nov 04 2006 - 12:01:37 EST

    > If cgen gets moved across to maven will this force all of us using
    > ant currently to build their Cayenne-based projects to also move to
    > maven? If so, ugh.

    Nope. It's just a port, not a replacement. The idea is to natively
    support each build tool. When trying to call ant from maven, I ran into
    a lot of problems originally (I think I recently a fix for the root of
    them though). I also found it awkward to split the cgen stuff out into
    a separate ant file just because there was no native way to configure it
    in maven.

    As it stands right now, the maven port is going to be limited by the VPP
    stuff. So, there isn't going to be a 1:1 feature set, which I was
    hoping to avoid. I may just take Mike's suggestion and implement the
    VPP stuff myself.

    --
    Kevin