Re: svn commit: r471567 - in /incubator/cayenne/main/trunk: ./ core/cayenne-jdk1.4/src/main/java/org/apache/cayenne/remote/hessian/service/ tutorials/quick-start-rop/cayenne-rop-client-tutorial/ tutorials/quick-start-rop/cayenne-rop-server-tutorial/

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2006 - 01:37:51 EST

  • Next message: Aristedes Maniatis: "Re: svn commit: r471567 - in /incubator/cayenne/main/trunk: ./ core/cayenne-jdk1.4/src/main/java/org/apache/cayenne/remote/hessian/service/ tutorials/quick-start-rop/cayenne-rop-client-tutorial/ tutorials/quick-start-rop/cayenne-rop-server-tutorial/"

    On Nov 6, 2006, at 00:54, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > So how did it go?

    I earlier mentioned the strange error message I got with 3.0.20

    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
    com.caucho.hessian.server.HessianSkeleton.invoke(Lcom/caucho/hessian/
    io/HessianInput;Lcom/caucho/hessian/io/HessianOutput;)V
    at
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.remote.hessian.service._HessianServlet.service
    (_HessianServlet.java:388)

    However I did not get a compile error/warning in eclipse. Strange.

    I then removed _HessianServlet and everything seems to work well.

    > Did you have a chance to try out the new version of Hessian in an app?

    I have run the junit tests and tested with the Cocoa Client. I do not
    have a java ROP client.

    > I am glad we got rid of the _HessianServlet hack. Checking the new
    > Hessian sources looks like this piece in the service method is now
    > handled by Hessian:
    >
    > // ***** Hessian 3.0.13 bug: the following line was missing.
    > HessianInput in = new HessianInput();
    > in.setSerializerFactory(getSerializerFactory());
    > in.init(is);

    Hessian 3.0.20 introduce Hessian 2.0 (protocol?). Here are the
    release notes

    http://www.caucho.com/resin-3.0/features/resin-3.0.20.xtp

    "An early draft of Hessian 2.0 protocol is available.
    Hessian 2.0 provides a number of compact bytecodes to reduce the size
    of serialized messages. Hessian 1.0 clients will continue to work
    with Hessian 2.0 servers without modification."

      - Tore.