Re: Graduation heads up

From: Craig L Russell (Craig.Russel..un.COM)
Date: Wed Nov 15 2006 - 20:08:52 EST

    Hi Andrus,

    This is great news for those of us who have been following your
    progress. I have just a couple of comments for you.

    On Nov 15, 2006, at 11:00 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > Looks like there are no obstacles for us to move ahead with Cayenne
    > graduation. The links below are some threads from other projects
    > graduation "hearings".
    >
    > http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/
    > 200611.mbox/%3cAE415EFF-3825-4F8C-AD93-
    > A513155D73E..ndersunconsulting.com%3e
    > http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/
    > 200603.mbox/%3c64AFE699-451C-41D5-9264-CE684D202B6..biv.com%3e
    >
    > The procedure is somewhat vague, but I think it would look like this:
    >
    > 1. I will draft a proposal for the ASF board to accept Cayenne as a
    > TLP at Apache.

    I'd suggest you make sure to include a pointer to your release as a
    proof point that you're really ready to graduate. And it will help to
    run Robert's RAT detector on the release if you haven't already done.

    > 2. We'll vote for it on this list. This vote won't be binding in a
    > sense that we can't make a graduation decision on our own. However
    > it is important to have, as this will be indication that we are ready.
    >
    > 3. We'll submit the proposal for the vote by Incubator PMC.

    This will be on genera..ncubator.apache.org.

    Go for it!

    Craig

    > 4. If/when it passes, it will be sent to the board where the final
    > decision is made.
    >
    > It'll probably take me a few days to do the proposal. Please speak
    > up if you have any comments.
    >
    > Andrus

    Craig Russell
    408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russel..un.com
    P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!