Re: DV Modeler

From: Adrian Wiesmann (awiesman..omap.org)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2006 - 12:25:43 EST

Hi Malcolm

> I haven't been able to secure approval to continue the DVModeler work
> at this stage. Probably wont happen until Q1 next year. I can send
> you the work that I have done.

Thanks for your help.

I was able to make it run and already applied my changes. I only missed
the crimson library btw. And I very much liked that the current build
stores the last used cayenne.xml :)

You have rearranged the source quite a bit. Much looks different than the
current version in the svn. Now I have two problems:

- The dvmodeler contains some shared sources with the cayenne core
dataview namespace.
- The dvmodeler is not in svn anymore, which means it is getting
complicated to find out what has changed and to supply bugfixes.

How do we solve these problems?

While I can life with the first problem for now, I would like to have a
solution for the second one. I could check in the current version of the
dvmodeler into my own repository which I find is not that cool. I could
check it into the SOMAP.org sourceforge hosted repository which I find
less cool than the first solution (and would open some legal questions I
guess).

I would actually prefer if we could check in your version somewhere in the
cayenne repository which would then allow us to make diffs against. And
which would also have the nice side effect that others could use the
current version as well...

Any ideas?

Regards,
Adrian