Re: Excel Modeler for Cayenne Web Application

From: AFSIN BUYUKSARAC (afsin..mail.com)
Date: Sun Dec 03 2006 - 15:41:34 EST

    Actually the story had been all about developing a web application with
    cayenne. Then I decided to develop a web application generator. It is
    difficult to use Cayenne Modeler for me. It is a good tool, but I do not
    really like much mouse movements. So to me excel usage would be very easy. I
    thougth that a sheet describing all details of one table could be enough to
    succeed. All program details would be included in a excel file.

    What is program name ?
    How many tables in it ?
    Which table has which columns ?

    Furthermore, I develop a tool for modeling database, with the help of
    cayenne xml mappings. It generates not only mappings, it generates a whole
    web application.

    The answer is yes for the question opensource development. After one or two
    weeks. I will put this generator to Source Forge.

    Excel Modeler could be an alternative for Cayenne Swing Modeler.

    I need support for this.

    Thanx for your reply.

    Afsin.