Re: mvn -Dcayenne.test.connection=mysetup

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Jan 05 2007 - 08:23:56 EST

    A few weeks of struggling with Maven on my end, and we have an
    ability to test 3.0 using the old "-Dcayenne.test.connection=" setup.
    The only catch - such property would also activate a profile that
    enables the right JDBC driver. So only a preset combination of
    profile names can be used (but of course each one of them can be
    locally mapped to the database that you care about via ~/.cayenne/
    connection.properties).

    I added mysql, oracle, postgresql and derby profiles (and of course
    the default embedded HSQLDB) to the <profiles> section of the root
    POM. Feel free to add more (I'd say we may need at least one per
    Cayenne adapter). The trick when adding a profile is to find the
    Maven coordinates of the right driver. Commercial drivers not
    available from public Maven repos will have to be installed manually,
    but we can still assign some dummy maven name to them (like I did for
    Oracle).

    Example:

    cd cayenne/
    mvn -Dcayenne.test.connection=mysql clean install

    Andrus