Re: DbEntity Comments

From: Ahmed Mohombe (amohomb..ahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 31 2007 - 08:17:34 EST

    > I can better comment on specifics if we decide on a visual solution
    > first. Since comments can be added to almost any mapping element
    > -[Obj|Db] [Entity|Attribute|Relationship] Query (?), my first thought is
    > to add an info button (same as the one used on relationships panels) to
    > the rest of the mapping elements. This button would pop a dialog showing
    > comments editor.
    If comments are hidden behind a button, than the button should have at least
    2 different visual states, to know from the first sight if there's a comment
    there or not (without the necessity to press the button, open a window and than find out
    that there's no comment there).

    IMHO much better approach would be to have a "comment" field with an [..] button like one
    is used in all GUI designers. Clicking the [..] button opens the popup to edit.
    In the same time one can see if there's something in that textfield or not.

    Ahmed.