Re: DbEntity Comments

From: Malcolm Edgar (malcolm.edga..mail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2007 - 16:35:59 EST

    I think the requirements for user properties (CAY-400) and
    comments/description (CAY-659) are different.

    While CAY-400 could be used to support comments, and other things like
    meta-data, I think getting the comments/description done as a modeler
    enhancement is better done separately. Editing a simple description
    field will be easier to use than arbitrary lists of user defined
    properties.

    The danger with CAY-400 is the use-cases/requirements are pretty
    vague, making it hard to dermine what's needed. I think this is why
    this feature has stalled.

    Adding description fields to the Modeler is a much simpler
    requirement, which shouldn't be stalled as well.

    Regarding the design, loading the comments only when using the modeler
    sounds fine to me. I can't imagine people pasting a Word document into
    a 30 character length text field, however I could be wrong.

    regards Malcolm Edgar