RE: JIRA changelog & roadmap

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2007 - 15:00:04 EST

    I think once you "archive" a version it's no longer selectable in any of
    the issue filings. For instance, we'd probably archive 1.2, 1.2.1, 2.0,
    and 2.0.1, so they could not be selected as "affects" or "fix version".
    Bugs would then be logged against 1.2.2 and 2.0.2, with 1.2.3 and 2.0.3
    available as fix versions. Versions that are archived still retain
    their changelogs though. So, I think that would address your concern.

    I'm not sure how far back that feature goes, though, and if it's
    available in the version the ASF runs. A JIRA admin would have to look
    into that.

    --
    Kevin