Re: Cayenne Publicity

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..sh.com.au)
Date: Thu Feb 15 2007 - 07:10:40 EST

    On 15/02/2007, at 8:28 AM, Malcolm Edgar wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > Now that the new Apache Cayenne site is up, which looks very nice I
    > think it would be good to grab some publicity. Possibly with the next
    > 2.0.x point release.
    >
    > Another strategy would be to publish an article on the IBM Developer
    > Works site or on the Oreilly site. With regard to TSS site, I think a
    > press release is all that is warranted.
    >
    > regards Malcolm Edgar

    This has been up for a little while: http://www.apachenews.org/
    archives/000943.html

    As for a press release, perhaps we need something more exciting than
    a bug fix release to hook it on. How about:

    * Cayenne is giving Hibernate et al a run for their money and has
    started the JPA compliance testing process. Andrus, lead developer,
    remarked "We are have an extremely robust framework and JPA is our
    immediate target. We are looking forward to passing Sun compliance
    and are starting the official test process shortly."

    * Cayenne has become a top level Apache project. Slightly old news,
    but still interesting. http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAY/
    2007/01/05/Cayenne+Established+as+Apache+Top+Level+Project

    Ari Maniatis

    ish
    http://www.ish.com.au
    phone +61 2 9550 5001 fax +61 2 9550 4001