Re: Planning Releases [WAS: JIRA changelog & roadmap]

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Feb 17 2007 - 13:54:38 EST

    On Feb 17, 2007, at 11:59 AM, Kevin Menard wrote:

    > Fair enough. What I was hoping to achieve was some idea of when to
    > cut
    > a release. Right now we sorta just wing it. When enough issues are
    > closed someone proposes the vote and we go from there. What might be
    > nice is knowing what open issues need to be fixed before we release
    > 2.0.3 and what can wait until a 2.0.4.

     From experience I am skeptical about that. We sort of tried this
    before, and it never really worked because of the volunteer nature of
    the project. The most honest thing to do would be to leave "Fix
    Version" blank, until the fix is actually ready to be committed.

    Currently we may set it to "3.0", which is vague enough to give us
    breathing space. Presetting it to 3.0M1 or anything as specific will
    be too optimistic and in most cases - misleading.

    Andrus