Re: [CONF] Apache Cayenne: Board Report February 2007 (comment added)

From: Jim Jagielski (ji..evsys.jaguNET.com)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2007 - 18:58:30 EST

    Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

    > "The Cayenne project was able to secure sponsorship toward the work
    > done on redesigning the web site from a company which uses Cayenne in
    > its product."
    >
    > I want to give the Board a sense that there is depth to this project
    > beyond the (hard) work of its developers. I think it is a great
    > statement to the quality of this project that a company would want to
    > support it financially.

    The concern, at the board level (and PRC level) would be companies
    obtaining unfair "credit" over and above those companies which have
    been supporting the ASF for years and have gone unsung.

    The ASF has several ways for companies to help, and we really want each
    and every one to get the credit they deserve for helping us continue
    and reach our goals. But we need to be fair for all of them.

       Jim Jagielski   [|]   ji..aguNET.com   [|]   http://www.jaguNET.com/