Re: CAY-659

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2007 - 07:57:49 EST

    Hi Malcolm,

    I am taking this to the list.

    On Feb 22, 2007, at 1:32 AM, Malcolm Edgar wrote:
    > Hi Andrus,
    >
    > I have completed most of CAY-659, against the STABLE 1.2 branch.
    >
    > The only piece not done is the deferred loading of descriptions by the
    > Cayenne runtime, I have a boolean flag option in the MapLoader to
    > support this functionality. Possibly you can have a look at it to see
    > how you want it used.
    >
    > We have been using this build for a week or so now, with now issues.
    > I was thinking I could check these changes into STABLE 1.2, and once
    > you are happy with them apply these changes to STABLE 2.0.
    >
    > I can see its going to be a pain maintaining these two branches.

    Actually there is another reason why we can't check it in to 1.2
    branch - 1.2 is frozen stable branch and we only add bug fixes to it.
    We shouldn't be adding any new features to 1.2 (or 2.0 for that
    matter). So officially we can only maintain it on trunk.

    At the same time I understand you have a personal need to use it with
    1.2? If so you can create your own branch in SVN (1.2-STABLE-CAY-659
    or something) and maintain it there. As long as for every change you
    log a patch in Jira, so that we can transfer it to trunk at some
    point (or you can actually apply it to trunk yourself).

    Andrus