Re: podling BIS notifications (jars in svn & crypto)

From: Jean T. Anderson (jt..ristowhill.com)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2007 - 10:09:58 EST

    Michael Gentry wrote:
    > Mike K. did raise an interesting point about if Cayenne Modeler starts
    > using Derby instead of HSQL, what does that mean for us? Would we
    > only need the BIS/etc if we run the preferences DB with encryption (I
    > can't imagine we would -- no reason to)?

    And the word from legal-discuss [1] is any project that includes derby
    (or any other Apache product listed at
    http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/), must also do the BIS
    notification.

    It doesn't matter if you don't use derby's encryption capability -- the
    capability is still there in the derby jar Cayenne includes.

    fortunately doing the BIS notification itself turns out to actually be
    straight forward -- imho the hard part has been to understand if you
    need to do it or not. The steps to follow are outlined at
    http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html.

     -jean

    [1] http://tinyurl.com/yq75r6
    http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/200702.mbox/%3cc5e632550702212131g17f051cr724f886bd972cd0..ail.gmail.com%3e