RE: podling BIS notifications (jars in svn & crypto)

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2007 - 13:20:22 EST

    Yay, now I get to chime in with my non-legal background :-)

    Michael,

    I think I agreed with you when the thread started. I believe the point
    you're trying to make is that an end-user can incorporate encryption
    with any interface, particularly those just passing strings back and
    forth. After thinking about it a bit more though, I think the key
    difference is that your interface is ostensibly designed for the
    encryption of data. Between the method names and the salt argument,
    it'd be hard to argue it any other way. Whereas, at least where the
    other interfaces are concerned, the burden of proof is on someone else.
    If that truly be the case, then there may be no can of worms . . .

    --
    Kevin