Ant vs Maven [Was: Building 3.0 from trunk]

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..mail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2007 - 14:26:41 EST

    On 2/23/07, Michael Gentry <blacknex..mail.com> wrote:
    [...]
    > PS. I think I kind of miss Ant, too.

    I know some people may want to do me physical damage for this, but
    should we reconsider the maven choice?

    As a maven end-user, I'm not impressed, but that's probably because I
    don't have maven-based end-user projects.

    As a maven-based project developer, I hate it :-) Everything takes
    much longer to build. Nothing "just works" in Eclipse anymore. And
    when something breaks or needs changing, it's beyond my skill-set to
    try to fix it. Mind you, I haven't tried 3.0 recently because I fear
    maven, so in the specific case of Cayenne, I may be overreacting.