Re: Ant vs Maven [Was: Building 3.0 from trunk]

From: Ahmed Mohombe (amohomb..ahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2007 - 14:35:44 EST

    >> PS. I think I kind of miss Ant, too.
    >
    > I know some people may want to do me physical damage for this, but
    > should we reconsider the maven choice?
    +1 for reconsidering the maven move :).

    > Everything takes
    > much longer to build.
    Slower software is called "progress" in IT these days. The software industry needs to support the
    hardware producers :).

    > so in the specific case of Cayenne, I may be overreacting.
    No, not at all.
    Before the maven migration, everybody in our team was doing (almost every day) a local build from
    the Cayenne HEAD. If there was something broken, it was simple to change the build files since IDEs
    have so "intelligent" features to support ANT.

    Since the maven migration *nobody* is doing that anymore :(. If with maven is something broken,
    normal users *cant't* fix it.

    Ahmed.