Re: [JIRA] Created: (CAY-762) ERDiagram for Object Entities in Cayenne Modeler

From: Adrian Wiesmann (awiesman..omap.org)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2007 - 17:01:53 EST

    > I don't think that it would be complicated to implement, the most
    > complicated question to answer is what graph library is allowed to use,
    > due to the restrictive "license compatibility" of the Apache license.

    I had the same problem and therefor was contacting Francisco Morero the
    author of the jdbcmanager tool. He has written some Diagram viewer for his
    tool and I asked him for permission to use his sourcecode. I chose his
    source because it did not require any third party libraries but was
    working with the normal Swing distribution.

    The integration was a question of a few hours. Perhaps that would be a
    solution for Cayenne as well. Afaik there was some traffic on one of the
    Cayenne lists a few years ago concerning this.

    Regards,
    Adrian