integration of Jira into web site

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..sh.com.au)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2007 - 04:12:15 EST

    I tried an experiment just now which mostly worked out:

    http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/jpa-introduction.html

    That table is embedded into the Confluence page in a dynamic fashion,
    directly from Jira's RSS feed. The repeating content in the last
    columns looks like it may be a bug in Confluence itself, so I'll need
    to see if it already has been reported. But otherwise, this could be
    really useful. We could use this concept to create:

    * automated release notes complete with links back to Jira
    * roadmaps and/or countdown of tasks toward a particular release more
    readily obvious
    * specific task lists against parts of Cayenne (eg JPA, the modeler,
    etc)

    This might be another reason to add specific versions (2.0, 2.0.1,
    2.0.2, etc) to Jira. It would not have to be done retrospectively,
    just for future releases.

    Ari

    ish
    http://www.ish.com.au
    phone +61 2 9550 5001 fax +61 2 9550 4001