Re: Is maven-cayenne-build-plugin supposed to be 1.4 compatible? replace(String, String) is a java 1.5 method call.

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2007 - 12:11:16 EST

    On Feb 28, 2007, at 6:35 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

    > In fact, I'd like to see an enumeration of each module with a
    > description of
    > what it does and how it fits in to the big picture.

    +1

    > No doubt there's
    > a maven plugin somewhere that will do this automatically :-)

    No!!! Can we please do it by hand :-) The site is one place in
    Cayenne not affected by Maven, let's keep it this way.

    http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAYSITE/Developer+Guide

    > I'd still like to hear answers on some of the procedural questions I
    > asked before (and I'll add them to the dev guide):
    >
    > 1) Is it intended/necessary that the svn checkout be outside of the
    > workspace?

    Probably a good idea.

    > 2) How does one work with both a 1.4 and a 1.5 workspace at the
    > same time?

    You either do it all 1.5 (hoping that others catch the JDK version
    issues) or use them one at a time. Since there is no eclipse-level
    cross-module dependencies, switching between workspaces, while
    annoying, works pretty well for me.

    Andrus