Re: Using Eclipse with Mavenized Cayenne - http://cayenne.apache.org/eclipse.html

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..mail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2007 - 11:47:28 EST

    I took a look at the svn folder layout.

    - jpa-chapter-* and pojo are integration tests? Definitely not
    obvious from the module names.

    I also don't understand the difference between assemblies and build-tools.

    I see both a modeler and a framework/cayenne-modeler directory.

    I see maven-cayenne-plugin in the framework directory. Isn't this a
    build-tool/assembly?

    I see the regression/profiler in build tools. How is that different
    from integration tests as a separate directory.

    There's no breakdown between JPA-specific pieces and classic Cayenne.
    There's also no break out of the ROP stuff. Since these various
    pieces are in separate modules, I would think a module description
    would keep them separate as well. I'm sure it's a matter of
    perspective. My organization of the module list on the eclipse page
    was an attempt to answer this question: "If I want to work on X,
    which modules do I need?" I don't think I answered it in full, but it
    looks like a better answer than following the svn layout.